End of MP 3 Blogpost

 End of MP 3 Blogpost

Intention Definition and Exploration of Idea:

For my project I wanted to produce something based on renaissance era armor or almost something in the genre of invention and fantasy. By the end of marking period two though, I ended up producing a set of samurai armor that more fit into the style of a historical piece. This piece was based mostly off of the game known as Ghost of Tsushima produced by Sucker Punch Productions. In this Sucker punch created a plethora of armor you could get throughout the game, one being the ghost armor which I took the most inspiration from. The armor has a similar hard shelled chest piece mixed with the more softer, more clothed base armor. I am very fond of this piece so it truly inspired me a lot. Really, the entirety of Ghost of Tsushima has inspired this project a lot with its historical theme. Below are some screenshot I took from the game as well as the armor that was used for my inspiration. 




Planning:

For this marking period I was planning on doing the main body armor. I was going to divide it up into the main chest piece, shoulders, wrist and hands. Overall I did not need any tutorial or instruction for the main chest piece. It was entirely designed by myself based on what I wanted to do. Originally I planned on doing a full black armor but found that this would look to bare and simplistic. I instead decided to design a crimson colored platting instead. After this I designed the shoulder pieces and went down to the wrists. Everything was finished but I discovered it was again sort of dull so i decided to add in rope. I found out that rope was sort of hard to make without any idea of how to make it so I found a really useful tutorial linked here. I added rope to the areas I saw best fit and then decided to add an early model of my cape. I also decided to add trees to the main scene and found a tutorial here

Producing: 

Overall production went quite well. I managed to produce everything I had planned on making this marking period beside the plates for the hands, but that will no be difficult to produce in the future. I am very happy with what has been produced so far and excited to see what I can improve on in this last quarter of the year. 










Evaluating:

I'd definitely say I achieved my goal for the most part. Even though I never got a chance to model the hand plates, the upper body armor turn out pretty good. I wanted to model the main upper and lower chest armor and I managed to do that. I'm also happy for including in the rope that's shown in traditional samurai armor. Without the rope my armor felt kind of dull, so adding in the rope definingly made for a more whole and realistic piece of armor. I also thought the back of the armor could have more to it, so adding in the cape solved that problem as well. 

Integrating

Moving forward one thing I could improve on like I said in the past is going back and cleaning up what I believe could look better. The armor may look good and I may have made mostly everything I wanted too, but that does not mean there is not room for improvement. Something I may go back to or even redo is the main chest piece. Although it is my original idea, I feel like it looks a little rushed and could look better. Traditional samurai armor does not include the large lines as I had made them. I may go back and revise or remake the armor to make it look more finished and complete. Otherwise I'd say I did a good job this marking period. 

Comments

Popular Posts