MP 3 Reflection

 During marking period there were many good presentations but a couple stood out more than others. The first one I would like to reflect on in Aaron Mumper's. Aaron has been producing a game throughout this year and his has definitely stood out the most to me. I personally have always been interested in game design, especially in the genre Aaron basing his off of. He is producing what is known as a souls like game, one of my favorite genres. This genre was invited by Hidetaka Miyazaki, a massive game designer who created the three dark souls games, Bloodborne, Sekiro, and the new massive game Elden Ring. Aaron has constructed something very well made based off of this. one of my favorite aspects Aaron integrated into his project. I learned a lot about game design concerning character design and rigging. Overall his was very interesting and entertaining. 




Another student that once again stood out to me was Saka's. Saka's work is very well produced and on an entire different level than mine. Saka had explored the invention and fantasy genre, using the idea of the backrooms. The backrooms is a fictional sort of pocket dimension people slip into that holds unspeakable horrors. I feel like Saka created a near perfect representation of this. The way he integrated sound taught me a lot about animation. It taught me how to keep people engaged even with little ambience. Although I cannot show his animations for I do not have access to them, he also made very good animations he rigged in Maximo. Below is a picture that I thought stood out from the others.




The next person I am going to evaluate is Jamie Fitch. Jamie took a lot of inspiration on the game Bloodborne, a souls like game I spoke of about Aaron. He did not manage to make much, but what he did make really stood out to me. So far he has only produced a bit of his scene, but his sketches are really well made. One thing Jamie taught me is that taking time is ok. Even if you haven't produced much, taking time is alright for a big project. Jamie has made some well made peices and below were my favorites. 







Comments

Popular Posts