Inspiration

Inspiration For my Project


Miura Kentarou-

Kentarou Miura was born in 1966 in Chiba City, Japan.

In 1988, while attending Nihon University, Miura debuted Berserk Prototype, a 48-page manga that served as an introduction to the current Berserk fantasy world. It earned Miura a prize from the Comi Manga School. Kentarou began work on King of Wolves in 1989, after receiving his doctorate, based on a script by Buronson, the writer of Hokuto no Ken (Fist Of The North Star).

Discover - INPRNT
The first volume of Berserk was released in 1990 to mixed reviews. Miura and Buronson collaborated once more on the manga "Japan." Miura rose to prominence after Berserk began "The Golden Age" story arc, and the enormous success of this masterpiece established him as one of the most prominent contemporary manga artists.

Miura devotes himself entirely to working on Berserk at this time. The Berserk manga series has 35 volumes and no end in sight. Although recently, Miura has sadly passed away in May 6th 2021. Yet, his studio and colleagues still carry on his legacy of Berserk to this day.

His work:

Sadly, I am no where near capable of replicating his work, but here are some of his works with the berserk armor which I will be taking inspiration off of.







 How He Inspires Me:

For my work I had stated I am going to do a piece of armor similar to his. For my piece I am going to go for a more Japanese style of armor though. Id like to in a way combine that of a medieval sort of black knight armor with that of a shinobi or samurai. The parts of it that enspire me the most of it is definitely its themes of anger or rage. Miura presents a sort of dark and menacing armor usually in some way coated in blood. I personally love the way he represents this and would love to replicate with my own twist.

Work log:

Monday: Redesigned my tori gate

Tuesday: Continued redesigning my tori gate

Wednesday: Finished tori gate and began redesigning my landscape

Thursday: Found a really good tutorial and a landscape and am going off of that

Friday Continued following the tutorial 





Comments

Popular Posts